This is Cindy and I right after we finished our 22 mile run a few weeks ago, yes that is why we look so happy, the long training is done!!!
My taper was going along smoothly, until this week. Then, BAM, the pre-race bubble I mentioned in an earlier post, burst. Yes - I have been sick for the last 2 days with the stomach flu - yucko. So much for staying germ and injury free... I am starting to feel better but not quite back to normal yet. Thanks goodness I have a few days left to recuperate. Not how I hoped my last few days at home would go. Then Olivia got it, poor kiddo, and was home sick with me yesterday. Just a reminder that sometimes even if you do everything right, shit (no pun intended) happens that you cannot control (again, no pun intended)! On the bright side, I did get lots of rest, I was off my feet, I am down a few pounds, and now that I am starting to feel better, I can really get back to the carb loading and re-hydrating :)
I posted a link to the Boston Marathon site on the top of the blog page. Real-time updates are posted during the race - I am bib # 18448. Thanks for all the support and encouragement from all my friends and family - you are awesome!!!
Guess it is time to run, literally...
No comments:
Post a Comment